Monday 2 August 2010

Other Thoughts from the Week at School

A history of covenant people = a history of covenant failure

Beware of extreme allegorical interpretations and extreme pragmatic explanations

Question: why am I even trying to understand the 70 7’s in Daniel? It’s Friday afternoon at the end of a long week of learning (that oddly enough seemed to fly by) and I’m trying to understand numbers….yeah, it’s not going to happen. Actually, I’m okay with “they refer to years” and “they start at 444 or 445 B.C.” but now we’re getting into “how do the years carry down to Christ” and I’ve actually avoided this question 3 times and certainly don’t intend to try puzzling through it today.

The advantage to a small class is that I can use 3 desks if I decide I need them…and I decided that I need them!

No comments: