Wednesday 18 May 2011

Where I Turn

When life is hard and it all seems too big to deal with, I ignore whatever my regular personal Bible study plan is and go to the Psalms. I love the psalmists. They knew that life can be tough in so many ways and they didn't hide that truth behind happy phrases. At the same time, they knew God and they trusted Him and believed His words even when life seemed darkest.

Today I was in Psalm 139, which is one of my favourites (as well as 1, 4, 8, 46, 91, 118, 121....)

So here, from the middle:

7Where can I go from Your Spirit?
Or where can I flee from Your presence?
8If I ascend to heaven, You are there;
If I make my bed in Sheol, behold, You are there.
9If I take the wings of the dawn,
If I dwell in the remotest part of the sea,
10Even there Your hand will lead me,
And Your right hand will lay hold of me.
11If I say, "Surely the darkness will overwhelm me,
And the light around me will be night,"
12Even the darkness is not dark to You,
And the night is as bright as the day
Darkness and light are alike to You.

No comments: