Sunday 18 May 2014

Sundays

Two Sundays ago I was with my family in Tampa, boarding a cruise ship, leaving port, starting a wonderful vacation.

Last Sunday I was with my family, back in Tampa, getting off the ship, ending a wonderful vacation. It was Mother's Day and for the first time in years I was spending it with my mother. We mostly spend it in airports, which I'm sure is where every mother wants to spend Mother's Day.

It was good to be with my family and especially to hang out with my mum on Mother's Day. I miss them all a lot since they're so far away.

Today I was home, in my church with my church family. I taught my Sunday School class, worshiped with a crowd of other believers, hugged a lot of people, caught up with what has been happening, and admired the babies (there are a lot of babies at my church). I love my church family and I love that I belong there and that I can call it home. My nieces and nephews tried to convince me to move back to Thunder Bay, but I pointed out that I have a job and a life here and I belong here now. Mostly it was my church that I was thinking about at those times.

If those nieces and nephews (and their parents (and my parents)) would move out to Edmonton, I could have both of my families in one place and everything would be wonderful.

No comments: