Friday 26 September 2014

Overheard

For your entertainment, things that I overheard on October 14, 2003...

In the post office:
2 older guys talking; one is standing in line; the other (Fritz, who talks with a slight German accent) has seen him and come over to talk. They are talking about the new staff in the doctor's office, whom Fritz does not like.After all, his wife was 5 months overdue and they didn't even contact her. (I'm hoping it was "overdue for her appointment" and not "14 months pregnant".)

On the bus:
A girl and an older guy. She is not supposed to be with him, which is make clear by the conversation where they are trying to come up with a story for her mom explaining:
a. why she's with him
b. where her female friend is
c. why she's taking the bus home

And from December 2003 (undated, but between December sermon notes):

Overheard on the elevator:
"She just said that thing, you know, about the tea calling the kettle black. Or the tea kettle calling the pot black..."

At the dollar store:
"Well, you know, I just ain't all that impressed with him."

I just wish I knew the rest of the stories. I think I was writing things down that might make the starts of stories one day. I should start writing more again.

No comments: