Friday 4 December 2015

About Christmas

Christmas sometimes makes me feel like a bad Christian. A lot of my church friends on Facebook are posting about Jesus being born, and remember the Reason for the Season, and all about how excited they are to celebrate the Savior's birth, and Scripture and stuff.

Listen: I agree with them. I really, really do. I love Christmas because the Word became flesh and dwelt among us and the incarnation and Jesus and salvation and the Light of the world.

I also love Christmas because: presents, coloured lights, Christmas music, baking, turkey and stuffing, family, secrets, concerts, Christmas trees, peppermint drinks at coffee shops, Christmas stories and movies.....all of Christmas!

And I feel a bit bad because I don't only focus on Jesus at Christmas. I focus on everything that makes up Christmas. Christmas is fun!

There's room in my Christmas for the serious, important parts. I just don't think we have to sacrifice fun to prove that we're real Christians and we haven't forgotten Jesus.

No comments: