Tuesday 15 November 2016

Christmas Concert

It's almost Christmas! At the very least, it's Christmas concert time again, and I'm spending my evenings listening to Christmas carols and trying to decide what to put into the concert, and where, and how. I want O Come, O Come Emmanuel, but I don't have anyone to play it this year, so I may have to live without it. I'm still looking for another song for the grades 2-4 contingent, so I can move Hark the Herald Angels Sing over to the little guys.

Also: my "multitude of the heavenly host" is currently sitting at 1 angel. Of course, I only have 2 shepherds, so it sort of evens itself out. I may have to recruit from the grade 4 kids to fill in the gaps, but that leaves me with fewer children singing, unless I can have them sing before the angels and shepherds need to be on stage, in which case it all works. At the same time, I need to schedule the child playing Joseph to do his musical number (with his siblings) at the beginning of everything, even though it fits best when the shepherds come on, because I cannot have Joseph get up, leave the manger, and grab a violin!

And....I already have parents asking if they can miss rehearsals, and they haven't even started yet!

Anyway, since I don't think I can have it in the concert, here are 2 of my favourite versions:





No comments: