Saturday 12 January 2019

Christmas

I know it's well past Christmas (or a really long time until Christmas, depending on how you look at it). Too bad. This is my blog, and I want to talk about Christmas.

I spent Christmas with my oldest brother, his wife, their 6 children, and my parents. It was good. There was a lot of noise and a lot of food, and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. My youngest niece and nephew were happy to have a playmate who would ignore the other adults sometimes and play with them, someone who would let them climb and stand on her, someone who would play with Lego or make paper jewelry for Barbies. I loved seeing them all, and I'm glad I went.

At the same time, Christmas with them meant that I didn't spend Christmas with other family members, or the Edmonton families that I usually spend Christmas with, or the church family whom I spent Christmas Eve with last year. I missed all of them.

I realized, when I was thinking about this, how richly blessed I am. There were at least 4 places that I would have loved to spend Christmas, and where they would have loved to have me. God has given me so many people to love and be loved by. Happily enough, I can see most of them throughout the year (at not-Christmas).

Also, here's a Christmas song I discovered this year.

(And also, my YouTube play list is all messed up thanks to a month of listening to Christmas music. I don't think I'll ever convince it that Christmas is over. Random Christmas songs are going to show up all year.)

No comments: