Thursday 8 April 2021

They Put My Church Building in Jail

 AHS and the RCMP have erected a fence around the GraceLife Church building, and then they put a black -something- inside the fence so you can't look into it (Sheila Gunn Reid from Rebel News referred to it as a mask (since they couldn't mask the congregation, they masked the building), and that's only one reason I love her), and then another fence, and eventually a third one to block the whole property. And then they added armed security, and blocked off some range roads close to the building, and then put up no parking signs, all to keep people away.

As someone said: 

"They put the Pastor in jail and now he's free. What was their next step?

Premier Kenney and Dr. Hinshaw: "Let's put the BUILDING in jail!""


It's....I really don't know how to describe it. Yes, I know that the church is not a building, it's the people, and we're still free, and we can still worship together somehow. But this is the building we built so that we had a place to worship together; to grow together; to laugh and cry and love together; to be a family together. This is where I have for four years taught the Sunday School and homeschool bambinos; organized the growing library and watched people discover new books; listened to more than 200 sermons; met new people (who became family); encouraged and was encouraged; attended weddings and funerals and conferences and baptisms; lived life. This is my happiest place where I am loved and cared for and belong.

So yes, you can argue that what they fenced in is only a building, but it's my building, and even on my worst days, it was where I wanted to be: in my church building with my church family. And it hurts like anything that they've decided to lock it away, and I pray that one day soon they'll take down the fence and let us go home.

No comments: