Thursday 12 August 2021

One of My Elders

 Allow me to introduce you to Adam, one of the newest full elders at GraceLife. I've been friends with is family for several years now (I'm not sure how long exactly, but long enough that we're family now). One of my greatest blessings this year was getting to spend more time with them; I was there fairly often this summer (perks to being unemployed). If I ever disappear, it's because I went spend a couple nights there and I was kidnapped by either Adam's wife or one of the children who would like someone who has nothing better to do than read to him all day. They're my people.

Seriously: I changed cell phone providers in part because my old provider didn't get service at their house and the new provider does. Now I can spend more at their house there without worrying about missing calls about potential jobs.

This has caused a bit of a dilemma though. As you can see from the video below, Adam is a really, really good preacher (also he reads narratives extremely well). I also think that he's a good shepherd who cares for his people. I am in completely in favour of him becoming a pastor, but I am equally opposed to him taking his family elsewhere, even for training. You see the problem? If he becomes a pastor, he needs to train in Edmonton (we really need a seminary) and then join the GraceLife staff.

Now: Listen to his sermon, and enjoy it, and be convicted by it (I was; I need to keep looking at whether I'm obeying God completely or just mostly sometimes; "mostly obeying" is still disobeying). 


No comments: