Saturday 16 March 2024

First Lines

 From books I am reading or have recently read:

Sometimes I teach old books to young people, and recently I was teaching the Epistles of the Roman poet Horace to a group of undergraduates.

Deep within, Adora continued to harbor the possibility that her uncle, King Rodran, might still live, but the pallid faces of those on the ship, especially Errol's. refuted all hope.

The Percys lived in a large, old-fashioned stone house in New England.

The parcel came while the family were having breakfast.

As a veteran homeschooler and author, I field many questions about the lost educational and social opportunities homeschoolers face by not attending school, especially "How will my children get into college or find work without a proper school transcript?" and "How will my children socialize if they're not in school?"

Patrick Murphy hurried through the dark streets of Belfast.

In my fifteen years, I have stuck my arm in a vat of slithering eels, climbed all the major hills of San Francisco, and tiptoed over the graves of a hundred souls.

No comments: