Sunday 10 May 2009

Stuff That's Been Filling my Mind

It's been a long couple of weeks. Work is busy and I've been working long hours; schoolwork should be taking up all my spare time, but I don't have a lot of spare time, so it's been neglected (except the reading I do on the bus), which means the next couple weeks will also be long.....

My brain is full. I've been exposed to so many new ideas through my studies, stuff I wish people had told me years ago. About everything that went on outside of the Israelite nation during the time of the Old Testament that affected the Israelites....about how God worked in the lives of so many people to bring about His plans....about how nicely all of history fits together when you put God in the middle....So many things that point to God that people don't know or don't understand or are simply misled about. It's so fascinating to learn and so much fun.

The thing is, I don't know what I'm going to do with this knowledge. I want to grab people and shake them and say "Listen! Do you not see how wonderful all of this is? Right here, there's more proof of God at work from the beginning! Look at all this!" But that doesn't seem like a great plan!

I have been thinking, of late, about studying it more fully when I'm done school; just picking one part of history and learning it well. Then, when I know it better, I'd like to write about it. I'm thinking books for children or young adults, or even adults who want to learn this but not through text books. Something lighter, maybe. Something written the way I wish my textbooks were written (more charts and illustrations so the visual among us can learn better). I don't know. It's just a thought. At any rate, it's better than collaring people and forcing them to listen!

1 comment:

pbfwood said...

A book is definately better and more legal than shaking people on the streets.