Saturday 14 November 2009

Notes from Thunder Bay

Today I watched soccer. Timothy played first. He's only three but they let him play (with the 4 year olds) and he loves it! He's been talking about it all week: "On a next day you're going to watch me play soccer!" They're so funny at that age: they can't kick the ball in any direction except the one they're facing, they fall over a lot, and they just like to run! After that Keona played. She's 7 now and these guys have at least a bit of an idea of how to play. They try hard and the score stays about even since they aren't good at scoring or saving. It's fun to watch and, since I knew some of the small players, pretty much worth getting up early on a Saturday morning.

I've been having a good time playing with the small and not-so-small nieces and nephews (the oldest towers over me by at least 6 inches). The smallest ones are entertaining and the older ones are interesting (usually). The two oldest, my brother's children, are 16 and 13 now and we had a good time talking over bowling and supper. I did have Alex (who is 11) describing his DS games in detail as we walked home last night. And Zach (9 next week) discussed the merits of the different "High School Musical" movies with me. So, yeah...interesting!

Only one more day and then I head back to Edmonton where's it's quiet and peaceful and not nearly as much fun.

No comments: