Saturday 19 June 2010

School

It's about all I think about right now. It seems to be all I do right now (although there's also work, Bible study, church, Sunday School, bits of socializing....). Sometimes I dream about it (very strange dreams about commentaries).

At the end of October I will be done 1/2 of the summer classes and 6/15 of the independent study classes (did I mention I passed last winter's classes? I finally got the final marks). The current classes (Creation and Covenant and Prophets and Prophecy in Context) are said by those who have completed the program to be the toughest with the most work. I believe it. I also take comfort in knowing that when I'm finished them, the rest should be less stressful!

The thing is, except for some of the reading, I'm enjoying all of it. I don't understand all of it, of course; in fact, in Dr. Wong's "minor research project" of 206 questions on the prophets, I tend to look at the questions and think "I have no idea!" Then I research and learn stuff and have fun...but there isn't time to learn and understand all of it (nor does he intend us to; it's just to get an overview; later we will write a full paper on one of the questions). I do know some of the arguments used to defend different views of different passages, and in some cases I know which ones I think are correct.

So....back to work. I'll try to check in once in a while, but until this research project is finished, I'm doing so much writing already that I don't always want to write in my spare time (such as it is).

2 comments:

Mr559KHALIBEATZ said...

I WOULD ENJOY THE BENEFITS OF BEING YOUR NEW FELLOW BLOGGER. I FIND YOUR BLOG VERY ASTOUNDING AND INTERESTING. VERY INTRIGUING WITHOUT ANY ABSOLUTION THAT I MISSED IN EACH PARAGRAPH. MAY THIS DAY BLESS OUR FELLOWSHIP AND GUIDE US INTO THE HANDS OF THE LORD AND OUR HEARTS REST IN THE HEAVENS ABOVE AS WE WALK THIS JOURNEY INTO ETERNAL LIFE.

SINCERELY,Mr559KHALIBEATZ

pbfwood said...

Slowly but surely you are getting through it. That means you have 3 more summers to go? At least you are over a third of the way through the home study. Keep going and the light at the end of the tunnel will start getting brighter. And Brad wants to know what letters will be at the end of your name.