Thursday 22 July 2010

Random Thoughts from Today's Classes

As copied and pasted directly from my file marked "thoughts" where I add things I want to remember, bits of stuff to think about, or stuff that pops into my head that doesn't really belong in my notes....

Sounds: the typing of a dozen laptops; whispered conversations; people shifting; pages being turned; the AC blowing away (but not too cold today; it must have used up all its cold on Tuesday when we all nearly froze to death)

Abraham was accustomed to believe….shows a pattern of belief….and it is counted as righteousness

Why does he not plug the computer in at the start instead of waiting until the battery is about dead?

Know the sources of the Scriptures you use and you will need to use to explain things to people.

We come here to learn how to communicate to people who don’t know.

By Thursday afternoon, my brain is too tired to understand Ezekiel, and Daniel may do me in.

Every class needs a bit of a know-it-all, although ours is actually a really nice guy; he just answers questions rather verbosely!

Sometimes, when we read someone, we need to let the person speak to explain what he really means.

Based on conversations during the break, I don’t think many of us are focusing well today. The disadvantage of taking notes on the computer is the wealth of distractions right in front of us.

1 comment:

pbfwood said...

Those are definitely random thoughts. As long as something is sinking in by the end of today.