Wednesday 23 November 2011

Thankful

I've been emotionally messed lately and somewhat grumpy, so to remedy it (and in honour of American Thanksgiving this weekend), here's what I'm thankful for.

1. I have the final Eragon book. I haven't read much yet, but I plan to read a lot on Friday. I'm torn between wanting to make it last (since it's really the last one) and wanting to find out how it ends. I had it delivered to work (I'm not home when UPS comes) and was reading it while my student was doing math last night. We were laughing about the description on the front flap; near the end it asks, "But will they topple the evil king and restore justice to Alagaesia?" Um...yeah...probably, or the whole series becomes a giant disappointment, and the author will have to get into witness protection or some such thing.

2. On Monday my new pants arrived in the mail (because I don't like shopping; I like clicking buttons and having things shipped straight to me). They fit beautifully and don't have to be hemmed....and they're a size smaller than I had originally thought I needed.

3. Christmas is coming and my mum assures me that there will soon be a box of presents heading my way!

4. God is incredibly patient with me, even when I let emotions rule for a while before I remember to turn to Him.

5. No matter what happens, God is in control and I can turn to Him.

6. I have an amazing church family.

7. Chocolate, in many, many forms.

8. Tomorrow is Thursday. Thursday evenings are my happy times. First, I get to have supper with a friend and her family and can be part of a family for a while. Then it's Bible study time and I love my Bible study group; plus, we're studying Romans and I love Romans.

9, I got free samples in the mail yesterday: 2 teabags, one for dark chocolate chai tea and one for vanilla bean chai tea.

10. Last night I watched Fiddler on the Roof. I'm thankful for a TV, and a DVD player, and musicals.

No comments: