Sunday 27 October 2013

Strange Conversations

Today I was waiting for my ride after church. Sometimes I get the pastor and his wife to give me a ride and that means being there forever. Church ends around noon, maybe a bit past. Today we left at 2:30 with the final 3 families (although in defense of one family, they were going to the pastor's for lunch). Anyway, to entertain myself after I finished in the library and did some homework, I went to see what the kids were up to. I found myself with a group of them and mostly talking to a cute little 3-year old girl.

First she told me about a ladybug she had found. Her brother had it right then and was inspecting it carefully.

Him: Look, he's two years old. Oh, and he's dead. (Note: both sentences were uttered in the exact same tone.)
Her: I want that ladybug.
Me: Why do you wants a dead ladybug?
Her: I just love it so much!

Later....
Me: So, what's your name?
Her: My name is __________, but sometimes Mommy and Daddy call me Monkey.
Me: So can I call you Monkey?
Her: No, I'm Monkey-head!

A bit later she was Monkey-brain, Monkey-eye, and Monkey-blood. Then she was a small dog who grew into a big dog.

Later....

Me: So what do you like to do for fun?
Her: Fart! (pause) No, don't talk about farting! I play with my brother.
Me: And what do you play with your brother?
Her: Farting! No, not farting. No potty talk!


No comments: