Thursday 26 December 2013

Christmas Presents


  1. My mum got me a cruise for Christmas (well, she's paying for a family cruise in the spring and said that counted as our Christmas present; I'm okay with that). I got her a puzzle and a gift card. Actually, it's only half a gift card since it was for her and Dad to go out for dinner. I hope no one is measuring love in dollars this year!
  2. She also sent me a package of chocolate Twizzlers. When we spoke on Christmas morning, she said that she didn't think they were very good. If I don't like them, we agreed that I should share them with my Sunday School class.
  3. A conversation with my 7 year old nephew on Christmas morning...  Him: Thank you for the present you sent me. It was very nice.  Me: I'm glad you like it. Do you actually remember what I got you?Him: Um...no.
  4. The same nephew was sure that I wanted a box of tissues for Christmas. It's a very nice box, one of the square shaped ones, with a cow on it. Her face is on the front of the box and her tail is on the back and it's designed to look like her legs are on the corners. I like it. It makes me smile.
  5. The same small nephew is into crossword puzzles and he found me a pair of crossword puzzle socks. I love them.
  6. My sister (or maybe one of the kids) sent me a tin of pickle shaped bandages. It came with a free surprise inside. I opened it right away to discover a rub-on tattoo in the shape of a fish head. Its guts lined the neck where it had been cut off of the body. It's the most disturbing tattoo I've ever seen.
  7. Not a Christmas present, but: I sent my 13 year old nephew a book for his birthday, the third in a series (it was in the Christmas parcel, so it counts for this post). We were talking about it on Christmas day. I told him that in the end there is a giant earthquake and everyone in the world dies. He said no way, because the main female character can't die. I'm a little worried now: she actually dies. I didn't tell him. I did tell my sister that he can call me when he gets to that part. I hope I haven't ruined his love of reading.
  8. This nephew is a little miffed because I sent him the first 2 books in another trilogy for Christmas, but not the third. I told him that if he liked them I would get him the third book.
  9. My sister, because she knows me very well, got me some nice chocolates and a Tim's gift card. Life is good!

No comments: