Monday 13 October 2014

Thanksgiving

This year I am thankful for...

  1. My family. The whole lot of them, from the smallest to the oldest. We don't always understand one another because we can be very different, but happily love does not require complete understanding. I don't love anyone more than my family, even the ones I haven't met.
  2. My church family. They really are family and I have always felt loved and at home with them. Church is my happy place and is exactly what God asks of His family. It's also a place for me to use my gifts to serve God and His people.
  3. My friends. Of course, this is not an entirely separate category because many of my friends are part of my church family. These are the people I can laugh and cry with, the people who know me too well, the people who pray for me and who I pray for. They are also the people who know that sometimes words are not necessary or even helpful.
  4. My job. I like what I do (most of the time) and my coworkers. I like the organizational aspects, I like being the boss (and having a boss to turn the worst problems over to), and I love teaching.
  5. Vacation. It's been a pretty long week and month (and fall, really), and I leave for vacation in 3 days. I need this time to get away and regroup and relax.
  6. Knowing that for the price of a bowl of carrots, peeled and cut, I get a full Thanksgiving dinner and an afternoon of fellowship today.


No comments: