Sunday 5 March 2017

Church Notes

Today in Sunday School we learned about Zwingli (who has a great name), the Swiss reformer. One thing we talked about is that sometimes you need to make a stand. Erasmus (a contemporary of Zwingli) tried to stay in the middle, refusing to take sides or debate or anything, and in the end, neither the Protestants nor the Roman Catholics trusted him. Zwingli tried to reform the church from within for a time, but eventually had to side fully with the reformers and the Bible. We talked about how sometimes you can be flexible (not everything is a hill to die on), but other times you need to choose, and if you try to stay in the middle of the road, you'll get hit by a car.

We also had a library meeting, now that things are getting settled in the library. We talked schedule and policies. One thing we need to keep an eye on is the children playing in the library. We want them there, but not running around or sitting too close to the fireplace. Also, if they are at the edge of the balcony looking down at everyone, they need to keep both feet on the floor (and definitely not on chairs). We want the children there, and are planning a "children's corner" where they can hang out and read or colour. We just don't want them to get hurt. Among the librarians, we have 3 moms, a grandma (so technically 4 moms), an older brother (and I can testify as to how bossy older brothers can be), and me (I love the children, so I'm very firm with them when I need to be, and they listen to me). I think we can keep the children in line!

I've just listened to half-a-dozen versions of this, looking for one where I could understand the words, and where they didn't change the words. Appreciate my effort for you while you listen!



No comments: