Sunday 26 March 2017

Sunday Notes

This week and last week, Pastor James has been preaching on church discipline (1 Corinthians 5). I was explaining the passage and the overall method of church discipline to my Sunday School kids at the end of class, in preparation for the sermon. To explain how church discipline happens, and why, I used my helper as the person who is sinning and refusing to repent. She's actually the sweetest person, so it was extra funny to them.

We also talked about repentance today in class. We talked about how is requires us to admit that what we did was wrong, and that we were wrong to do it (without making excuses); ask forgiveness; and then not do it again. My example had one of the girls killing one of the boys. The boy's brother cheered....brotherly love at its finest!

We had our monthly soup and sandwich lunch today after the service. Last month, we had piles of soup left over. This month, we had piles of sandwiches left over! We're split by last name as to what to bring, so they may need to adjust the break-off spot to even up the food.

Today was also communion Sunday. It was really good for me this week, to focus on and remember God's blessings through His Son, and His faithfulness to me always. It's been a bit of a tough week, but things feel more settled in my heart now.

On that note, here's a communion hymn for you.

No comments: