Sunday 11 June 2017

Sunday Notes

Today was the last day of Sunday School, and now we're on our summer break. I gave the kids their final exam. The rules are that they must answer all questions correctly, and they can't ask anyone over 15 for help. Then, after explaining that, we did most of it together and I wrote the answers on the board for them. It was fun. We wrapped up with a nice snack of worms in dirt (in honor of Martin Luther and the Diet of Wourms) and now we're done. I love my class, but I'm also looking forward to a break.

Today will also be the last Bible Study, and last Wednesday was the last counseling class. Things are winding down for summer, and I'm already planning for fall!

The sermon was really good today, and just what I needed. I'm going to have to listen to it again this week (maybe more than once).

This is why I like expository preaching over topical sermons (although I don't mind the occasional topical sermon): eventually, James (or Mike) will preach on exactly the passage I need that day (frequently, actually, because all of Scripture is useful and because God is good and uses my pastors for our growth and His glory). If they didn't preach through books, I think a lot of topics would be missed. This way, eventually they will preach on everything (although it will take years to get through the Bible!).

Here is a hymn for today:


No comments: