Wednesday 29 November 2017

Weekly Update

Yes, it's Wednesday and I'm 3 days late. My apologies to anyone who actually expects a Sunday post.

It's crazy busy right now. There's stuff going on at work, there's a Christmas concert to organize at work, I'm trying to be all social and hospitable, and last night I took my friend's son to the symphony. They were playing the music of Star Wars, so that was a lot of fun.

Right now I'm just tired and I've been fighting a cold. I think I'm winning, but it messed up my voice and I've decided that I'll never talk properly again. I just need to rest my vocal cords or something, but I spend a lot of time at work talking to parents and teaching students, so that won't happen for a while. On the other hand, I have an excuse for not talking to people at times because my voice needs a break, so that's nice. Laryngitis is an introvert's dream illness: you don't feel bad, but you have an excuse to avoid conversation without seeming rude!

Overall, life is good. I'm planning to have friends over for supper on Friday, and they have a baby, so I can spend a couple hours telling the baby how adorable he is. They insisted on bringing supper (since I tend to play hostess; it's easier on all of us if we meet at my house), so I don't have to worry about that (although, to be honest, I was planning to order pizza). I'll also have the bigger kids to play with, and the parents to talk with. It's going to be a good day.

And....it's almost Christmas!


No comments: