Sunday 24 June 2018

Sunday Stuff

Pastor Mike started preaching on the armor of God today. I liked what he had to say, especially about it being an analogy and not reading too much into each part. I've heard a lot of talk about why salvation is a helmet and righteousness is a breastplate. He said that it's like a parable: take the main ideas and don't worry a lot about the details. The main focus is on: how does righteousness and truth and the rest enable you to stand firm against the enemy. He only got through the first three pieces, and next week Pastor James is back, so we'll have to wait for the rest. It will be nice to have James back, though; he just started 1 Corinthians 13 last week, so we're also waiting for the next bit of that!

We welcomed several new members into the church today, and said good-bye to the family who is going back to India. It was a bit of a mix there!

I had friends over for supper. They don't attend my church, but the mom attends the ladies' study and the kids are in my home school rooms. This was the first time I'd met the dad, although I know two of his brothers. We ordered pizza (since it's too hot to cook) and talked and laughed and played cards. It was fun, and nice to get to know them.

Next week will be crazy busy at work. It's the last week of school, report cards are going home, and people are looking into getting help over the summer. I'm relaxing this evening in preparation for craziness.


No comments: