Sunday 29 December 2019

A Hymn of Prayer

1 Incline Your ear, O Lord, and answer me;
   For I am afflicted and needy.
2 Preserve my soul, for I am a godly man;
   O You my God, save Your servant who trusts in You.
3 Be gracious to me, O Lord,
   For to You I cry all day long.
4 Make glad the soul of Your servant,
   For to You, O Lord, I lift up my soul.
5 For You, Lord, are good, and ready to forgive,
   And abundant in lovingkindness to all who call upon You.
6 Give ear, O Lord, to my prayer;
   And give heed to the voice of my supplications!
7 In the day of my trouble I shall call upon You,
   For You will answer me.
8 There is no one like You among the gods, O Lord,
   Nor are there any works like Yours.
9 All nations whom You have made shall come and worship before You, O Lord,
   And they shall glorify Your name.
10 For You are great and do wondrous deeds;
    You alone are God.

Psalm 86:1-10 (NASB)

No comments: