Wednesday 1 January 2020

My Favourite Fiction of 2019

As always, these are the books that I read in 2020, not books that were published that year. And they come to you in no particular order (well, to some extent, in the order in which I read them).
  1.  Patti Callahan: Becoming Mrs. Lewis
  2. Sarah McCoy: The Mapmaker's Children
  3. Stuart McLean (it was a bit of a Stuart McLean year):
    1. Vinyl Cafe Unplugged
    2. Extreme Vinyl Cafe
    3. Home from the Vinyl Cafe
    4. Secrets from the Vinyl Cafe
  4. Noel Streatfeild (also a few; she was a favourite when I was a child, and I am enjoying reading the ones I didn't know about then):
    1. Christmas with the Chrystals
    2. Christmas Stories
    3. Theatre Shoes
    4. The Vicarage Family
    5. Ballet Shoes for Anna
  5. Randy Alcorn: Lord Foulgrin's Letters (a modern Screwtape Letters)
  6. Brandon Sanderson: Firefight and Calamity (in which I finally finish the series I started a couple years ago).
  7. Megan Whalen Turner: The Thief (I liked it enough that I haven't been able to read the sequels because I'm afraid they won't be as good and I'll be disappointed).
  8. Jostein Gaarder: The Christmas Mystery and The Solitaire Mystery


No comments: