Monday 27 May 2024

The Balcony Work has Started

In fact, the balcony work started a week or so ago, but it started at the end of the building, and I'm near the middle. At the end of last week, the scaffolding went up outside my windows and a note was left under my door saying that they would start this week. They have started.

They put up blue netting around the scaffolding and such to keep tools and such from flying too far if they are dropped. When I look out the window, everything has a blue tinge and it doesn't look quite real. Also, if I have the blinds open, the light coming in is slightly blue.

I can't go out on the balcony. They put up caution tape and a sign, but also blocked the sliding door and the second door to the bedroom. Of course, once they have the balcony torn up, I won't want to go out there! It might be done already; I've kept the blinds shut so strange men can't see in the apartment.

It has been very noisy this morning as they are working on my balcony and the ones around me: hammers, saws, drills, and so much banging. They are also putting up scaffolding further down the building, so there is the noise of metal against metal. I can also hear the voices of the men, although not usually words, and sometimes I can hear their radio.

I may have to work elsewhere this summer. The library and I may become best friends as I seek a quiet place.

No comments: