Wednesday 1 May 2024

The Last Day

Wednesday morning women's study ended today, a couple weeks earlier than planned. That means the end of my Wednesday morning homeschool rooms. I brought them suckers to celebrate surviving another year, so the kids were happy. I'm good with a break now, although I know I'll miss them by the time we start up again in the fall.

This year I read at least 44 picture books to the little kids. Between the middles and the board room kids, we played around 42 trivia games from around 16 decks. We also did a variety of crafts with varying levels of success. They would like to do most of them again: the puzzles, puppets, cards, and woven friendship bracelets. 

I already have a stack of books on my "for later" list at the library to start us off in the fall, as well as a list to look for at used books stores this summer. I would like to find more trivia cards since we're missing at least half the set, although they are hard to find (at least for a price I'm willing to pay). I have more craft ideas running through my head as well.

So I'm ready for a break and planning for fall all at the same time! I really love my homeschool kids and I love Wednesday mornings.

No comments: