Friday 12 December 2008

Getting Books

Today I had 2 parcel notices in the mail so I went off in the snow and chill to get them. I would have waited but the temperature is due to drop sharply so I thought I'd better go right away. The first parcel was from my mum and dad: Christmas presents. It's tucked away where I won't be tempted to open it just yet! The other parcel was a box of books I had ordered from Reformation Heritage books. They are beautiful books, but that's about all I can say since most of them are Christmas presents. Although I also got John Bunyan's Pilgrim's Progress Part Three which I did not know existed for myself. Anyway, it's not the books I'm writing about; it's the packing.

The box was larger than I expected, but I figured it was all paper and packing material or it would have been much bigger. When I opened it, I found that about a third of it was full of paper and cardboard and whatever it took to fill it up. The rest was taken up by another box, fully sealed and labelled...why they needed the bigger box is a mystery to me. I got the smaller box open to find that it was half full of packing peanuts. Then I got to the books...almost. They were wrapped carefully in bubble wrap and a thin sheet of foam wrapping. After that I got to two of the books (wrapped in plastic) and a brown paper package. In the package were the other two books, also wrapped in the thin sheet of foam wrapping.

Nothing was going to hurt these books!

3 comments:

pbfwood said...

Oh man those were well wrapped books. I can promise you my parcel is all presents, took up the whole box. No extra packing in it -- nothing breakable either mind you and if anything breaks i'll be shocked.

Katarina said...

do books have a habbit of breaking in the mail?

Katarina said...

p.s I comment on your blog...the least you can do is comment on mine :P