Saturday 13 February 2010

On Being Loved

I've been very tired lately. There's a lot of stuff to do for work and church and Bible studies and I've been very overwhelmed and wanting to stop all of it. And I saw the amount of work of the summer classes and it's a scary amount of stuff (and I needed to order books from 4 places to get all of them). At the same time, everything I do is necessary stuff and I want to do it; I just need more hours in the day (or to give up sleep). Anyway, it's been one of those weeks where everything just seemed like too much.

Thursday evening when I got home there was a parcel pick-up slip in my mailbox. I knew I hadn't ordered anything lately and I wasn't expecting any parcels, so I spent Thursday night and Friday wondering what was waiting for me. Friday after work I was able to pick up the parcel.

Baby Sister, who has been going through her own stuff, sent me a Valentine's parcel. She found a pretty heart-shaped tin and filled it with Valentine's Day stuff. On top were cards from the kids (on a side note: I know who the characters on two of the cards were and I can guess that the one from Keona is a Hannah Montana character, but I have no clue who the guys on Zachary's card are). Under them was a bag of M&M's and a pretty red-and-gold bag of chocloate hearts and a heart-shaped squishy stress ball. Under them was a heart-shaped pad of paper and under that was a light-up Valentine's pen (and it lights up well; the light is red and it's bright enough to write by in case I must make notes in a dark place). The real wonder is how she fit it all into the tin! Also, Zachary added some pictures he had drawn to the parcel (of Santa, Mrs. Claus, an elf, and a North Pole sign, oddly enough) and Keona decided that Auntie Dorothy needed two plastic rings that had come off the cupcakes (one in the shape of a football and one with a picture of a racecar).

I sat there surrounded by Valentine's Day (and Christmas) items and felt very loved. Not only by Baby Sister and the kidlets, but also by God who knew that I needed to be loved this week and who has given me a baby sister who puts aside her own busyness and stuff to send a parcel of love my way. And suddenly it's gone from being a Very Long Week to being a Very Good Week.

2 comments:

Katarina said...

I love how God knows exactly what we need, when we need it and He makes sure we get it. Glad you could see the blessings in the day my friend.

pbfwood said...

Glad we could brighten your week up some. Keona's was a High School Musical girl. And Zachary's was DragonBall Z or something like that. The kids had lots of fun picking things out for you. It's something they love doing and it's amusing for me too as I see what you need to have.