Friday 16 December 2011

Bits and Pieces

It's been somewhat busy at work, with teachers off sick and writing exams, and kids having to change their schedules, and me getting to cope with everything. It's not terribly busy, just the usual December issues. One more week, though, and we're closed for Christmas (well, I have to work one day between Christmas and New Year's, but otherwise we close that week).

I'm pretty much ready for Christmas. The tree is up and decorated (last year it only got the lights) and Christmas parcels have been sent and received. There are presents hiding in my laundry room so I don't give in and open some before Christmas! Some of them I'm fairly certain about and others have me very, very curious. There are Christmas cookies in my freezer and the kids came over for our annual cookie decorating. I've been assigned a veggie platter and pickles as my Christmas dinner contribution, so that's nice and easy! One more week....

Even though I'm not doing school right now, I'm still incredibly busy. Most of all, I want to rest so I'm ready to start again in March. I'm hoping January is nice and quiet and peaceful so I can rest and maybe catch up on all the things I wanted to do this winter!

Today was pretty quiet and I didn't do much beyond laundry and a bit of cooking and a lot of reading and a nap. I'm still tired, but I feel better than I have most of this week. It just seems that when things start relaxing and going well, someone has to step in a make life complicated again and I just want it to stop! Still, just one more week to Christmas break. At least then work will stop interfering.

Overall....life is good. There are rough days and easy days and in the end....life is good.

No comments: