Thursday 29 December 2011

The Girls

I have the younger girls over right now. There are 5 of them: 2 4-year olds and 3 6-year olds. I've never had them over as a group before, but I've had all of their older siblings over (and some of them have come with other family members). Today I finally found time and energy to entertain a group of small, giggly girls.

Actually, they're very easy to entertain. They played with my toys and then we had a picnic of pizza and cookies and Sprite on the floor. I made them very happy by letting them paint Christmas ornaments just like the big girls (but with t-shirts to keep them clean and a lot more supervision), and they were very careful to be neat and did a fairly good job of it. We also coloured and we had princess Christmas crackers. Now they are watching Bolt and eating popcorn and sour keys.

The line of the day....
Me: They made the biggest mess ever!
Small child: No, the rapture is the biggest mess ever!

Much later edit: It disturbs me, the number of hits this post gets. I'm changing the name in the hopes that it won't get found as much.

1 comment:

Patty said...

Glad you had fun with your little girls, they likely felt so grown up being able to do that with you.