Sunday 10 June 2012

This and That

Sunday School is winding down; there's only one week left. This week we reviewed the past year; next week we'll do a quick review of the Reformation lessons, have a bit of an end-of-year celebration, and finish making welcome signs for the church. Then we're done! I've really enjoyed my kids this year. I'm also really ready for a break.

The summer will be busy, though, with Junior Church responsibilities. I have a couple new teachers to replace the teachers who are changing roles (one will just be our music person; another couple is taking over one of the Sunday School classes to give those teachers a break). I've also recruited a lot of the Junior/Senior high class either as teachers or helpers. This summer will be all about training. We had a short session today so everyone could learn (or be reminded of) what Junior Church is all about and I'll do on-going training with individual teachers over the summer so we're ready to go in the fall. I also need to find time to have a Sunday School meeting to make sure everyone is ready for that.

Work has been up and down. It hasn't been bad (for the most part), just...work.

School work...well, I'm behind on the major pre-session assignment, and it will take some steady work and focus to get it done on time. There are a couple other things to get done as well.

Over all...I don't know. I'd like more sleep, less work...wouldn't we all! There are days when I think that everyone wants something from me and I don't have anything left to give. On the other hand...I love what I do; I just wish things were more balanced instead of everything at once!

I have many, many things I want to write about. I'll try to get some of them (one of them?) out this week.

No comments: