Sunday 30 September 2012

Sunday Stuff

I taught my Sunday School class about worship today. I tried to remove any thoughts that worship=singing from their little heads. I don't know how successful I was. One of the questions on their worksheets was "True or false: worship always includes music." Only one student started to put down true, so I was a bit encouraged. Then they were supposed to write down their own thoughts about worship (or things from class that weren't in any of the other questions) and a lot of them wrote about singing hymns. Sigh. Some of them talked about praying and reading the Bible as well, so I guess there is some hope.

The boys all decided to sit together in Sunday School this morning. I tend to discourage it because they whisper and poke each other. I decided to allow it this week, but told them that if there was any talking or playing about or anything, they would be sent to sit with their parents and there would be no second chances today. One of them thought about it and decided that he would move and sit with the quieter people! The rest were actually pretty good.

My girls are a different matter. Of the 7 boys in my class, 6 of them are likely to be disruptive (although to varying degrees). Of the 5 girls, so far only 1 is likely to be disruptive and that's only when she is trying to make the boys behave. I try to keep her away from the boys for that reason. Of the other girls, 3 of them rarely talk, one is too new and sits with the girls (otherwise I could see her being a handful) and the last one is one of those responsible, well behaved children who know all the answers.

With the boys easily threatened and the girls generally good, this could be a pretty good year.

No comments: