Sunday 6 January 2013

Sunday Stuff

We started Galatians today. Most of the sermon was background about the situation at Galatia. Eventually we got through the first five verses. My small elf was taking some notes. She started with "The Galatians didn't have Romans in their Bibles." I explained that they didn't have the New Testament at all and she was surprised. Then I pointed out that when Paul wrote to the Galatians, he was writing part of the New Testament. She understood then. Her picture was of Paul writing the letter while thinking about the people in Galatia. She scribbled out the mailbox once I told her that he couldn't mail the letter; someone would have to deliver it.

Sunday school starts next week. I've been enjoying the break. I have managed to write the next few lessons so I'm ready to go. Someone asked me what I'm going to teach them next year. I should have that planned already? I'll worry about that in the summer.

It's Epiphany today, so I think it's still okay to play a Christmas song.




No comments: