Wednesday 26 February 2014

Stories

On Saturday I ended up teaching grade 9 Science, which is not my favourite thing to do (my regular tutor called in sick). On of the questions was "How are stars created?" I tried to answer twice:
1. God created them.
2. "When a mommy star and a daddy star love each other very much..."
She didn't think her teacher would like either answer, so I finally had to resort to Google.

Sunday morning I was talking with one of the small sweethearts at church. She's three and thinks it's so funny and great that I call her "Sweetheart." She told me that she used to be a baby and when she was a baby she had to live in a box. Her dad later clarified that she was premature and very tiny and was in an incubator.

One of our least favourite books at work is Fifi Ferret's Flute. We've all read it (and heard it read) dozens of times. It's so bad that once I changed the ending and killed off Fifi and everyone on the room cheered (except the rather perplexed 5-year old sitting across from me). Today one of my teachers asked her student how the problem in Fifi was fixed, but what I heard was "How was Fifi fixed?" Just for a minute the story was interesting.

No comments: