Sunday 19 February 2017

Church Notes

We're still trying to get the library organized. Today I managed to get the children's books in the right places (I think), and I found the rest of the "family issues" section (somehow with the "Christian living" books) and put it where it belonged. That was about all I could accomplish. There were people in and out to return and check out books (which is good), and children everywhere. The children like the library a lot as a hang out spot, but I may need to find a way to contain them or something, as they tend to get in my way when I'm working. Maybe I'll just put them all to work! I am insisting that there is no running around or wild playing in the library. Sitting and talking, playing a game, or playing on their electronic devices (as much as I would like to ban the electronic devices) is okay.

About the electronic devices: I know it makes me sound like either a Luddite or a curmudgeon when I want to ban them. My problem is that one child is playing, the others are watching him play, and there's no interaction with each other. I'd rather they played a game together where everyone is involved and doing something significantly less passive than watching someone play something.

In Sunday School, we're doing an overview of the Bible, focusing on each part. This week we were talking about the Pauline epistles. Pastor James has been preaching through 1 Corinthians, and the students were able to tell me some things that he has been talking about, so that was good. On the other hand, Pastor Mike has been preaching through Ephesians, and they remembered nothing at all about it! I let them off lightly, though, since he hasn't actually preached since the end of December.

Here is a favourite modern worship song/hymn of mine:


No comments: