Sunday 26 February 2017

Church Stuff

Today I learned that someone at the church makes the most amazing ham sandwiches: good bread, real ham, and just the right amount of mustard. I'm looking forward to the next soup and sandwich lunch (we're planning to have them once a month) to find out what other amazing types of sandwiches this person can make.

I have a proper storage cabinet in my Sunday School classroom now, which means that all of my supplies are locked up, and all the extra Sunday School materials that were in my apartment are now neatly arranged on the bookcase in the classroom. Also, Quinn the plant has been moved from the windowsill to the top of the cabinet to hide the scrape I put in the wall while unpacking the filing cabinet. All I have left to bring to the church are a stack of books to add to the library. That is almost organized (we're still alphabetizing things), and then I'll feel properly settled in the church.

The annual general meeting at the church is in three weeks. They're planning a Q&A session with the elders after the meeting. I'm trying to think of some good questions, and possibly some not-as-good questions for my own amusement.

We sang this hymn this morning. When I listened to this version, I thought it should have fireworks at the end. I'm not sure why; I could just hear them in my head. Enjoy!

No comments: