Friday 22 September 2017

A Story For You

It started with the joke of the week from work:

Question: How do you get a baby alien to sleep?
Answer: You rocket!

I texted it to a friend (just the question, not the answer). She said that her small son (who is not quite 6) thinks you give it a teddy bear. Also, he was considering (and seriously thinking) that I had a baby alien at home.

Where some people hear a riddle to solve, others hear a request for parenting advice.

What I like best is that he completely accepted that I might have a baby alien.

I told her the answer. She and the older son were amused. The little guy didn't get it, so she tried to explain the rock it/rocket idea, but that was a mistake. He became fixated on the rocked and started asking her all about it. She said that conversation went on for too long.

I may have to send her all my jokes so she can try explaining them the her small son.

No comments: