Monday 4 December 2017

Sunday Notes

I did not yell at anyone during concert practice yesterday, which is amazing because I have my voice back and could yell now. I did smack them with a rolled up script on occasion. They wouldn't stop playing with the baby in the manger (and getting straw everywhere). They poked it and flipped it around (because it looked better the other way) and asked if it was necessary to change the baby's diaper. The chief angel tried to convince the other angels that they had to do what he did, the shepherds kept poking each other, and one of the Scripture readers wouldn't slow down (it was actually funny because he kept insisting that he was slowing down, but he kept reading at the same pace). I'm pretty sure they were all determined to drive me crazy, but somehow we made it through. Next week there is no practice, and then the weekend after we have the big dress rehearsal, the final rehearsal, and the performance.

In other news, life is pretty normal. I had lunch with my nephew and my brother on Friday. This is first nephew, the one in the Navy. He taught me about his job and how his training will look long-term. My other nephew is joining the Air Force next year (I think he's due to be at training in February or something close to that). This has already led to some good-natured rivalry between the two branches.

I had friends join me for dinner on Friday. They have a tall son, a small son, and a baby son. It was fun, especially since I got to hold spend the evening telling the baby son how adorable he is (he is very, very adorable).

Beyond that, life is moving along normally. It's only 3 weeks until Christmas, and I'll have a few days off then to relax.


No comments: