Sunday 3 March 2019

Chapter 15

Pastor James is still preaching through 1 Corinthians (and has been since April 3, 2016). To be fair, Pastor Mike has preached a lot in there (almost all of Ephesians and part of Ecclesiastes as well as a few other sermons), and James has also preached on other passages here and there, and there has been the occasional guest preacher. It hasn't really taken him almost 3 full years to get through 1 Corinthians (although we're not done yet).

I've really enjoyed these sermons, even the ones that hurt (I'm looking at you, nine sermons on love from chapter 13). It was a good hurt, one that brought healing. Other sermons were more cerebral (as Pastor James put it), and gave me things to think through; those ones appealed to the student in me.

These past few weeks have been different, because now we're on chapter 15 and the glorious truths of the gospel and the resurrection and the future hope. These sermons have given me great joy and delight.

I'm really just here to sent you there to listen to them. Enjoy!

No comments: