Friday 15 March 2019

This Week

This week has been a bit much. I'm not adjusting well to the time change, there were some issues at work, and I'm feeling a bit let down by some friends (although I'm trying to think the best in that situation). Overall, I've been a bit down this week.

I've been doing my best to keep going, to just do the next thing. I'm not sure how many times I've recited Psalm 139, remembering that God is with me no matter what, and that He is in control (He had my life planned out from before I was born).

And I've prayed a lot. Sometimes they were longer prayers, and sometimes they were short,
disjointed prayers for help to get through this next thing or the next moment. I've prayed for forgiveness and patience and understanding and help.

I'm trying to be thankful (and I have so much to be thankful for) and to praise God in everything and to find the good things in life.

I want to be like Job in chapter 1. Everything was about as bad as it could get, and he didn't pretend that it was good, but he also didn't give up. He grieved and he worshiped God, and he did not sin.

No comments: