Tuesday 2 January 2024

2023 in Books, Part 2

 Two posts this year, and I'm already doing better than last year! 

Nonfiction was a hodgepodge of theology, cookbooks, biographies, and book about words and reading. Here are my favourites, in no particular order:

Hot Chocolate Comfort by Michael Turback: A cookbook, yes, but there is more to cooking than just the recipes.

The Precious Blood by Dustin Berge

The Heresy of Orthodoxy by Michael J. Kruger and Andreas J. Kostenberger

Becoming Free Indeed by Jinger Duggar Vuolo

Slave by John MacArthur: I have no idea how long that had been on my bookshelf, but I finally read it!

Redeeming Productivity by Reagan Rose: This was one of my favourites; it helped me understand the purpose behind productivity (to glorify God and to serve Him) and gave advice for becoming more organized and productive.

The Epistles of John by Joel Beeke: In my Sunday School planning, I actually read 4 commentaries on John's epistles, but this was my favourite (and the only one where I didn't skim over parts).

Non Nobis by Tom Garfield: The first years in one of the first classical Christian schools.

Home Work by Julie Andrews: The sequel to the first part of her autobiography.

Impossible Christianity by Kevin DeYoung

The Reading Life by C.S. Lewis: A collection of things C.S. Lewis said about books and reading.

Questions Women Asked by Simonetta Carr: Also a favourite; it talks about 30 Christian women throughout church history and the challenges they faced.

No comments: