Thursday 25 January 2024

A Story From the Kids

 Yesterday we had only a few minutes left after I finished reading the second book to the little guys. I didn't want to start a new book, so I suggested that they tell me a story.

First they amused themselves by telling "stories" that were variations on "Once upon a time there was a knight. The end!" These seemed to be incredibly funny to them, especially when they used someone's name instead of a knight.

Finally one young man started a story: 

"Once upon a time there was a knight and a prince, but he said that he could be a knight too. They went into a forest and there was a bear."

At this point he seemed to be stuck, so I suggested the game where everyone tells a bit of the story. They loved the idea, so I had the next person in line continue. 

As the story progressed, the bear found some honey, but he was stung by bees. He ran away and then the knights killed the bees. The knights returned to the castle. Then seven bears came so the knights went back outside and were surrounded by bears.

That's when the moms started coming to pick up their kids, so I don't know what happened next! 

No comments: