Friday 25 April 2008

On Leaving

Well, it's official: I am no longer director at Southside. Technically, I'm not yet working at the other centre; do I even have a job description this week? The point is, at 1:00 Wednesday afternoon I dropped my keys on the desk and declared myself DONE!!!!
I have mixed feelings. I am very happy for the break, I am very happy to be leaving this position and its stress. I am very sad to be leaving my staff, though; I hired most of them, trained all of them, and have really enjoyed my time with them. We made a great team. I am a bit nervous about starting at the other centre where I really don't know anyone. So, yeah, mixed emotions.
That's why it took me 10 minutes to walk out of the centre on Wednesday, but when I walked away, I didn't look back. It was time.

3 comments:

pbfwood said...

You are unemployed for a week. So why aren't you here visiting? It's rainy and crappy outside but we have no snow.

Hope you enjoy your new job position.

Dorothy said...

Because I'm studying; can't you tell??? As an aside, you may want to start watching the mail next week....

pbfwood said...

Studying hard I see. After I posted I thought you would likely want a semi-relaxing week before going back and my kids are anything but that, lol. I will watch the mail.