Wednesday 5 November 2008

Back at Southside

And so, after 6 months, I'm back at Southside in the director position. The director they hired to replace me has "moved on to other opportunities" (and I had a 12 year old in the centre last night who accurately translated that little phrase). I'm not sure how I feel about it; you may remember the countdown in the spring when I was leaving that position. It will take a lot of work to get it back in shape again too.

But there are some things to be thankful for....

1. It's a shorter bus ride. I'm saving an hour each day. That's a lot of time.

2. I finished at least the rough draft of my last major paper before making the switch. Editing and revising can be done on the bus or over lunch so that stress is gone.

3. Most of the teachers there are ones I trained myself and they're happy to have me back (so is the one new teacher and she doesn't even know me yet).

So it's not all bad. In fact, it may turn out to be very good.

2 comments:

pbfwood said...

Sounds like a good thing and they are happy. Hopefully you can be happy too.

marla said...

So, do tell has the return been triumphal?

Just wondering how things are one month on.