Sunday 16 November 2008

Bits of Stuff

Today I came home from church and thought "okay, what do I have to do today." I had a chapter to read for tomorrow evening's Bible Study (and it's a short chapter that I can read on the bus tomorrow morning or during my lunch break) and I have to do a couple loads of laundry (that I'm doing as I write this). That's all. I've caught up on everything else. Not that there aren't things I couldn't be doing, but for today I can actually stop doing and rest.

I taught the 3-6 year olds this morning in Children's Church. We're learning about Jeremiah. Because this is my class and I can't help myself we also learn phonics, so all the students know when they've found "Jeremiah" in the Bible (we only talked about the J-e-r, but it's enough). And they know that "36" is a 3 and a 6, so most of them can find that too. When we were in Kings (1 and 2) we spent so much time there that they could actually open to it and show me that they were in the right book. They may not remember the acual stories, but they will know phonics and numbers!

My apartment is full of flowers today. Last weekend some of the 8-12 year old girls were here for a sleepover and that Sunday one of the moms brought me flowers from the girls. Some of them (the dyed ones) didn't quite last the week, but there are some very bright and cheery pink and white flowers in a vase on my table. Then this morning at church I was the recipient of the Encouragement Bouquet (every week someone recieves the flowers and is prayed for specially) and so there is a beautiful bouquet of orange and red and green in the kitchen. Then there are the flowers that break off that are in a cup in my bedroom. I love getting flowers.

So far being back at Southside is going well. It has its challenges, but things are getting straightened out and organized and fixed up nicely. The staff has been great about helping out; in fact, under the former director they had simply started doing things themselves to make sure it got done properly and on time, so they're used to pitching in (and they were really good about it before as well, only now they forget that they don't have to worry so they keep doing stuff).

So there you are: an update on me. I'll try to post more regularly again now that I feel less overwhelmed by life (and now that I'm not tired of (and from) writing all the time).

2 comments:

Linda said...

Glad to hear life is slowing down for you. I always laugh when I read the title of your blog. I want to mock it so bad!!!!

When are you heading this way again?

Dorothy said...

Thank you for your great restraint!

I'm not sure when I'll be out that way again. You could all come out here.