Friday 24 April 2009

Seeing Clearly

Wednesday evening I started to see the world clearly again. It was surprising because I didn't know how fuzzy things had become until I put on a pair of glasses and everything snapped into focus. And it's not like my vision is very bad; I can see well enough (and I have no problems seeing close up; it's only distance that was fuzzy) and I only went to get my eyes checked because I thought the headaches were possible vision related (they were; I was squinting to see clearly without knowing it). Anyway, now I have glasses and I can see more clearly and the headaches should be a thing of the past.

Okay, so here's what I've been thinking: it's like sin, right? I can wander into sin slowly and not really acknowledge it for a long time. It becomes normal behaviour and I don't see clearly what I'm doing. Until one day I read something or someone says something and the truth about my behaviour snaps back into focus and I can see my sin clearly. And I can confess this sin and be forgiven and seek God's help in stopping it. And I can see clearly again.

1 comment:

pbfwood said...

Great comparison. Glad you can see good again.