Saturday 5 December 2009

An Alternative to Studying

Today when I checked email there was, as always, an offer for a free degree. Today I began to consider the pros of going that route. It's free, it probable doesn't require studying, it won't take four more years, they give them to anyone....

Yes, yes, I know it's not the same as a real degree. I know it would come without getting to learn everything that I've been learning.

Still, it would be easier than spending hours reading textbooks, and it's bound to be cheaper than paying tuition and buying those textbooks. It wouldn't require juggling work and school and church stuff.

Some days I wonder if it's worth the effort and the sacrifices I'm putting into getting the degree. Some days the alternative seems like a good idea.

2 comments:

pbfwood said...

But your degree will be much nicer once you achieve it.

Dorothy said...

Yeah, I know....