Thursday 14 January 2010

As If They Haven't Been Through Enough

A couple years ago, my brother-in-law Brad was injured, leaving him off work for a long time. My sister Patty eventually had to find a job outside the home (for the first time since she became a mom), leaving the kids in daycare for the first time ever. Eventually Brad was able to go back to work, although not to his old job in a nursing home. Instead, they both work at a call centre. They adjusted and coped and things were getting better.

All through December they had furnace troubles, with the furnace going off regularly and the house getting cold and the company not helping much. And then, just when that seemed fixed, they woke up to the sound of the carbon monoxide alarm going off. They got out of the house and everyone recovered nicely and they got a new furnace. And things seemed to be going well.

And now... they just learned that on March 31 the call centre is closing and both Patty and Brad will be unemployed. Please, pray for them and for new jobs. And for the kids, since this may be another big adjustment for them (it may not; if Patty and Brad get jobs right away, they may not even notice). God is good, always, and He has a plan, always, even if we don't see it, and He will see them through this too. I know that as sure as I know anything. Still, while I sit here far away from them writing this, my heart is hurting for them and I wish I could make it all okay. But all I can do is pray, and ask you to pray too.

And, baby sister, in case you haven't figured it out: I love you, and if I could be there, I would.

1 comment:

pbfwood said...

Don't forget that the hot water tank went at the beginning of December too.