Sunday 24 January 2010

A Round-up of Thoughts

First, thank you to everyone who voted for Emily. She made it into the final 6; from there all we know for sure is that she was the runner-up (she got the gift card for Chapters, not the computer), so I've declared her to have come in second!

I've been exchanging emails with a couple guys in my classes at Masters. Most of our talk is about what courses we're taking this winter and what we want to take in the summer (the winter talk is encouragement and advice; the summer is an attempt to be at the school at the same time). Some of it slips into weather talk, though; one guy is from California, so when it's around freezing there he's adding layers and longing for spring. I'm trying to explain how when it's around freezing here we're shedding layers and it feels like spring!

Life has been busy, with work and school. Work has settled down some, despite losing a teacher to the lure of the south, warmth, and school. I'm actually working fairly normal lengthed days and I can finally take the days off that I'm owed! School just goes on and on and on....

My Bible Study is starting in on Romans this week. I've been asking for Romans for a couple years, whenever we were ready to start a new study, and until now the teachers have said no. I'm very, very happy now; plus, it gave me a reason to buy MacArthur's Romans commentaries! It's a good life.

Finally, may I recommend that you all head over to read Linde's blog. Granted, most of you don't know Linde, but she's one of the college studens in my church and she's studying in Israel for the semester, lucky girl!

No comments: